Thursday, June 07, 2007

Jet Plane...

Tomorrow morning (June 8th) I'm leaving bright and early for a 6 day trip to Goharti, Shillong, and then Jowai, all cities in the Northeast state of Meghalaya. Click HERE. for description, maps, info, etc. If you don't want to wade through an encyclopedia article, here's my shortlist of interesting things about the area:

1. Meghalaya means "Abode of the Clouds"
2. The % of Christians is 64
3. The "Wettest Place on Planet Earth" is the town of Cherrapunji... which I'll be visiting
4. The tribal people of Meghalaya are part of the "world's largest surviving matrilineal culture"

The cities I'll be visiting are Aunty's old stomping grounds -- a place where she spent years caring for the tribal people and establishing a strong, Biblically based, discipleship focused ministry. She went when there was nothing but jungle; the result is thriving ministry center, the Basic Bible School, Bible Studies, counseling projects and sewing centers.

I'm going to do interviews and "research" (read: take pictures and see the place I'm to describe) for the book Aunty and I are putting together on how God has directed, provided, and blessed her during her years of service. I'm looking forward to meeting the people that I've heard so much about. Please be praying that I'll have wisdom in what questions to ask. Please also pray for the time to meet everyone I need to, particularly that my schedule and theirs will conenct. In addition, I'll be doing some "encouraging", so please pray as I prepare for those times. Finally, pray for me as I've been hit with a wave of exhaustion the last two days-- pray for physical strength and endurance.

It's a "whirlwind" trip -- I'll be back June 13th.

Until then...

3 comments:

Elizabeth & Shea said...

We will be praying for you, Karisa.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You are going to some exiting places in the world. Though I'm an Indian I don’t think I can go there. Especially on a trip with agendas like you have.

I ENVY YOU SO MUCH!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.