Monday, November 20, 2006

Thankful!

Friends -

It is almost Thanksgiving, but I'd nearly forgotten! I do have so much to be thankful for, though I must admit that at this moment the two things I'm thankful for are you and the internet!

I’m so thankful to be posting these updates! I hope that, though long, they will be an encouragement to you. I wish that I had had the opportunity to post on a more regular basis so that I could share the daily details of what God is doing…and the random experiences of living in India. For now, I’ll be content to share my thoughts from early November and thank you for your continued prayers and notes (or calls) of encouragement. Your prayers and support have strengthened me so much through this first month!

So you have some insight into my current heart, here is the passage I'm in the process of memorizing:
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. – 1 Thessalonians 5:12-23

Pray that this would be true of me; I trust His faithfulness!

With thankfulness,
Duffy

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Hi, Karisa,
I just signed up to blog on occassion. Just read your notes with Preston, who asked "did she write that all herself??"

Preston got all As on his last report card, and Carolyne wrote me the nicest note I could have asked for this week. We're doing well. Carolyne's writing is getting better all the time, and she expects a good grade on her Macbeth essay. She joined Mock Trial, despite her friends "mocking" her, and she is excelling. She is a prosecutor on one team, and witness on another. Tennis is over, for the time being.

So many things to be thankful for tomorrow. I imagine a turkey dinner is not planned in your home! We'd love to see a picture of you in the Hindi class with the other kids!

I'll write again soon,
Jeff

Happy Thanksgiving!
Jeff

mmbean said...

Hi Karisa!
I've just caught up on my blog reading and am so excited to hear all that you've been doing (or not doing) and learning. I can't wait to hear about your Indian Thanksgiving.

It occured to me that prayer is like a boomerang. Prayer is going out from all your brothers and sisters as evidenced in the movement of the Spirit in your activites in India, but then it's also coming back and blessing our hearts as we read your blog and rejoyce with you.

Happy belated Thanksgiving Kar!

-Mary

care=] said...

Karisssa =]
I just caught up with all your blogs....it took me a while haha

I hope everything is doing well.
i miss you so much
i was wondering if you could email me
longbeachgirl19@aol.com

I woul Love you to talk to you more

love you and miss you
care