Tuesday, October 03, 2006

7...6...5...

...the countdown has begun! Exactly one week from today I will be boarding a plane for my new life in India; I can't believe how quickly my departure date has crept up on me!

First things first, I survived the triathlon, ankle and all! I met my goal of finishing in under 2 and a half hours (I did 2:01:48) AND of not being the last person in my age group (it should be noted that I was the next to the last person. It was difficult, but exhilarating, and a beautiful time of fellowship, actually, with my "teammates". We all can't wait to do it next year. I hope to post pictures soon, but haven't figured out that aspect of my blogging life.

I have felt very supported -- through individual visits with family and friends to my church's prayer time for me on Sunday -- these past several weeks. I am so sad to be leaving home, but so joyful to be moving forward with what I am confident is God's gracious plan for me. I've appreciated everyone's prayers and expressions of love.

Please continue to pray for me as I plow through details... here are some specific items:

* I'm sick, and need to see my doctor, but am having trouble with insurance
* Financial concerns: It looks like I'm just under $1,000 short of my budget
* Saying goodbye... and saying it well. I want to say goodbye in a loving, encouraging, excited way, NOT a stressful, selfish way
* Packing: Jessy knows I'm the world's most optimistic packer, and I usually make it work, but fitting everything in my 2 suitcases is going to be a test for even the mighty optimist packer. Please pray that things like medicine and books will fit in easily without adding too much weight
* My computer: I'm currently in Biola's deep dungeon, waiting for the outcome of a computer test. Please pray that it will be fixed easily so that I can take my computer to India.
* Spiritual preparedness... as I prepare to leave, I want to be ever mindful of the blessings of the Lord and of his faithful, continuous work and hand in my life. Pray that I will daily rejoice in my salvation and that I will be motivated to leave for India based on a desire to proclaim his name.

Thanks for your prayers...I love you all!

No comments: